Thursday, October 04, 2007

Phew, for a minute there....

17.12 On Time
A Good Day! A Good Day!!

Kept busy all morning with wheedling and pleading and arguing the toss and then, this afternoon, my very favourite thing: an unintelligible man with an insurmountable problem and an impossibly tight deadline. It was like the Olden Days. It was ace.

A race against time and a document to be forged (all for the greater good).

Also, CanoeingInstructer may have let a cat out of a bag by demanding: "What does 'tugging your forelock' mean? Why has my friend said 'do we have to tug our forelocks at you now'?"

Congratulations may be premature, but "Congratulations".

To cap it all, next month I am to be focus grouped*. It was sold to me on the basis of "You'll be able to have a good moan." Who could resist?

On the train, a boy has his hair shaved in a vaguely paisley pattern. It looks pretty, but more than anything I want to run my hand over it. I think it would feel like textured velvet.

The girl behind me is on the phone: "Yeah, I'm just on the train. Yeah. No. Yeah. See you in the bedroom then".

* G R O U P E D

Karma Police - Radiohead
Wall Street Shuffle - 10cc
Fixing A Hole - The Beatles
Crazy - Gnarls Barkley
Walk On By - Dionne Warwick
What A Fool Believes - The Doobie Brothers
Stay - Jackson Browne
Empty Chairs - Don McLean

Labels: ,




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?