Thursday, December 13, 2007

17.12 On Time
Obviously, it is that time of year again.

The Christmas Do rolls around and we are powerless to stop it. I spent twenty minutes yesterday trying to buy a new top, because it seemed appropriate to try to make a bit of an effort. I didn't buy anything. All the tops in all the shops were hideous. I felt better about it today when Charlie said she'd spent six hours yesterday trying to buy a new top but still failed.

Looks like it's jeans and T-shirt again then.

The fact that I typed "without recourse to lager" instead of "without recourse to legal action" in a letter this afternoon might be an indication of where my mind is. That I spotted it is reassuring.

I'm trying not to have high expectations of the occasion, because it's best not to.
I'm just hoping for the chance of a conversation with Leanne. We used to have conversations once. We don't seem to anymore. Perhaps it's because she's a boss now. Or perhaps we've already said everything.

Give Up - The Postal Service

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?