Friday, December 14, 2007

8.10 Fifteen Minutes Late
But today will be a good day.


This is because yesterday I had a promise to keep. I had to knuckle down and do something I had been putting off all week.

Naturally, before I could even think about knuckling down, every other letter I could possibly write had to be written, every call returned and every email answered (except that one of yours J, but I'm on to it). Eventually my desk was clear, clean and tidy, the “To Do” file empty … except for the One Thing.

So I started the One Thing.

Got three quarters of the way through it, realised I was not only barking up the wrong tree, but in completely the wrong forest. Scrapped it. Started again. Made a call to explain that I’d been a half-wit but that I would still get it done.

Got it done.

So, today, I have a clear, clean, tidy desk and a completely empty To Do File waiting for me.

And I'm in my jeans and T-shirt, lowering my expectations for the Christmas Do.

Throws Daggers - Calexico
Thinking About You - Wolf Colonel
Something Vague - Bright Eyes
Noah's Dove - 10,000 Maniacs
Coney Island - Death Cab For Cutie
Stop - Astrid
You Can't Fail Me Now - Joe Henry
Landed - Ben Folds
Haircut - Kevin Devine
Missing You - Loudon Wainwright III
This Night Has Opened My Eyes - The Smiths
Beyond Belief - Elvis Costello

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?