Monday, January 14, 2008

"...all the more a pair of underwater pearls, than the oak tree and its resurrection fern"

7.31 On Time
The birds are very loud this morning. It seems ever so slightly less dark.

I've been awake since four and up since five. As a result, had ample time to get sidetracked and left the house at the last minute. One of the things keeping me awake was the two lines of a song firmly lodged in my brain and repeating on a loop. Never getting any further forward, never going back. Why is it always only two lines of a song that can't be shifted? Even when you know the whole song, pretty much.

GeekBoy arrives at the station only slightly ahead of me. I think of the dumb comment I almost made on seeing him pushing a buggy in Morrisons yesterday: "Oh, is that your baby then?"

Parker's Mood - Joe Henry
Resurrection Fern - Iron & Wine
Parliament Hill Fields - Stephen Duffy
Blooming Heather - Kate Rusby
Daddy's Gone - Glasvegas
Walcott - Vampire Weekend
Alcohol - Gogol Bordello

Labels: ,




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?