Monday, February 11, 2008

"...I feel like Carolina, I split myself in two"

7.31 On Time
Desperate to break away from you-know-what by you-know-who I switch to ‘play any track’ mode and cross my fingers.


Luckily the first song puts a smile on my face and shields me from SkinnyLegalWoman & her gregarious cohorts. My intolerance of this pack increases exponentially as their camaraderie develops: which begs the question do I envy their easy rapport? Does their daily round of text & email fun leave me feeling excluded? Do I secretly yearn to belong in their confident world of absolute certainty?

Or is it just that I think I’m better than them? It wouldn’t be the first time that accusation’s been levelled. Am I insular and misanthropic? Do I use body language and headphones to isolate myself in my little world of me?

Whatever it is, TheTinyDancers don't make me feel this way. For all their giddy shrillness and rich-girl poise they have the decency unfold and air their insecurities in front of us on a daily basis.

Army Dreamers – Kate Bush
Home – Stephen Duffy
Dumb It Down – Divine Comedy
You Held The World In Your Arms - Idlewild
Modern Day Saint – Via Audio
Blue & Grey Shirt – American Music Club
Carolina – M Ward
The Bends - Radiohead

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?