Wednesday, March 05, 2008

"...the words of love in whispers and the acts of love in screams"

7.31 On Time
I may be forced to change my behaviour.

SkinnyLegalWoman’s cackle and the relentless bitching of her and her gang will be the deaf of me. However much I increase the volume I can still hear her whine.

I may need to learn to sit in the other carriage.


This would be an unnatural act and every fibre of my being revolts at the thought. But it’s either change my seat and deal with the new anxieties that will inevitably follow, or stay put and continue to allow my spirit to be simultaneously crushed and poisoned by their increasingly narky wittering.

"Forfucksake", I fear I will snap: "Can't you keep a lid on it for just one day? How can you find a way to complain about the train when it is on time and has been on time all week???" And while I'm at it: "Do you really think being sarcastic to the conductor makes you sound big and clever? Yes? Well it doesn't. It makes you sound like the smug, ignorant, fuckwit you are".

In my fantasy, after I've said this, the rest of the carriage gives me a round of applause. In reality I'm sure I'd get a slap. She looks the type.

In a
tit-for-tat move born of disillusionment I have been boycotting Elvis Costello of late, but I don’t have it in me to skip past Brilliant Mistake.

One day he will be sorry. As in he will say 'sorry'. I’m not making any threats here.

Magic – Ben Folds Five
Do Anything You Wanna Do – Eddie & The Hot Rods

Get What You Want - Operator Please
You Make Me Feel Brand New - The Stylistics
Damaged - Primal Scream
Hammering The Cramps – Sparklehorse
Brilliant Mistake – Elvis Costello

Labels: ,




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?