Friday, July 18, 2008

7.59 On Time
I sit opposite a Lad'n'Dad combo kitted out in shorts and cagoules.
On the table is a well-stocked M&S cool bag, under the table a large umbrella.

The Lad (under instruction from the Dad) moves the cool bag out of my table space, which doesn't leave him a whole lot of room. "You're OK", I gesture him to move it back, "I don't need the space".
(It's not as if I'm about to get my lap top out and start working is it?)

I'd guess the Lad is eleven or twelve, he's not plugged into anything, he's not texting, he's not fidgeting or nagging. The Dad is reading the sports section of The Times.

As I stand up to leave I try out my theory:"Enjoy the golf"

The Dad says "Thank you".

The Photo Album - Death Cab For Cutie

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?