Wednesday, August 06, 2008

"...still I'll meet you tomorrow, and look forward to see you, now I can't live without you"

8.19 On Time
Silver Lining taught me a lesson about honesty and said some of the kind of things I’ve been thinking about lately.

When I first started it was a purely technical exercise. I wanted to do it to see if I could do it. There was no intention to give anything away. No names, no pack drill, no soul searching. Observations bookended with banality and a fine sprinkling of cliche.

Times changed; stuff slipped out. Some of it was pointed, there were plenty of red herrings.

People changed; I began to regret that some of the stuff had slipped out. I tried to push the genie back into the bottle. It wasn't much fun.

I thought about going away but stayed. I started to have fun again.

I began to regret that some of the people knew.

Then I realised - sometimes you’re just bridging a gap between one part of a person’s life and their next thing - it’s no big deal.

And anyway, some of the stuff was surprising and some turned out surprisingly well.

This doesn’t necessarily mean it’s going to start making sense.

Fly
Absolute Beginners
Precious
The Bitterest Pill I Ever Had To Swallow

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?