Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"...I see you crying and I want to kill your friends"

7.59 On Time
All sorts today.

I’m sharing the table with three university lecturers.

They are marking – well, whatever the stuff students produce these days is called – and they are giggling amongst themselves about the silly things the students have written. I'm thinking there's a time and a place for mockery, and this probably isn't it. If I didn’t have my headphones in and wasn’t listening to The Buzzcocks at top volume (O.K. at '7', but that's pretty loud, right?) I’d be able to hear every word you were saying. Where’s the discretion??

Outside it’s a bit of a dead cat day - grey, damp and misty; cloud rolling down over the tops, condensation beginning to steam up the windows.


I’m thinking a lot about music and age – and then I’m dancing off the train and down the street. But a
s soon as I arrive at the door of the Office that grey cloud catches up and swamps me. Sometimes this place would leech the glad out of Pollyanna.

On the plus side, yesterday didn’t happen after all.


Oblivious - Aztec Camera
Just Lust - Buzzcocks
Ten Feet Tall - XTC
What Do I Get? - Buzzcocks
Oblivious - Aztec Camera

Labels: , ,




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?