Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"...I see you crying and I want to kill your friends" (Part II)

17.18 Five Minutes Late
He pauses.
I try to work out if his rant is over.

"Well?" He demands an answer. "You would appear to be struggling too...."

What I want to say is: "Yes. I am struggling."

Because what I want to say is this:" Forgive me if I'm wrong, but you don't sound like an uneducated man. You don't sound like a man who might be a stranger to the concept of manners. You sound like a man who Should Know Better. And yet, somehow, you appear to believe that it is entirely appropriate for you to adopt a hectoring, intimidatory manner in order to achieve your desired outcome, you bully. So, yes, I am a little lost for words. For reasons that currently escape me my Department don't like people like you to be upset by people like me, so I'm biting my tongue."

I wasn't really thinking all that at the time, obviously, at the time I was trembling a bit and thinking: "Get off my phone you arrogant tosser".

But my Department really wouldn't have liked it if I'd said that.

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?