Tuesday, December 16, 2008

8.38 On Time
After class last night our teacher shared some yogi tea with us. She'd brewed it specially as a treat, and was keen for us all to share.

As she poured it from the flask she extolled its virtues and listed some of the ingredients: cardamon and cinnamon and cloves. If someone asked me to name, off the top of my head, my three least favourite spices cardamon and cinnamon and cloves would be first on the team sheet. So, when she handed me the cup, it would be fair to say my smile was lacking sincerity. Then she revealed, oh double joy, that it came served with soya milk. For years now I've taken my tea black. I can drink milk only if it comes as a mixer with vodka & Kahlua. And that has to be proper milk that's been through a cow.

Nevertheless, because she is such a nice, decent person, and because the others were so fulsome in their praise, and because I didn't want to be the party pooper; I sipped it while it was hot, eyes watering slightly, searching for a polite way to say: "don't make me drink it! it smells like pot pourri and looks like baby sick" while trying not to gag.

This Mess We're In - PJ Harvey & Thom Yorke
Ne Me Quitte Pas - Regina Spektor
This Side Of The Blue - Joanna Newsom
Talk Show Host - Radiohead

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?