Monday, December 15, 2008

"...how can you say that I'm too old?"

8.38 On Time
My favourite shoes ever were the bright blue Clarks I had in 1980.

Earlier this year Clarks decided to revive the style and rebrand them 'iconic' or some such. Unfortunately, this time the range didn't include bright blue.


According to Tim, red shoes are an acknowledged sign of madness. Less of a sign of madness than red trousers apparently, but madness none the less. I don't care. They are, officially, the most comfortable shoes I ever owned.

One day I'll have to break it to him that I have owned a pair of red trousers too. 1980 was a strange year. Let the record show that I have no nostalgic yearning for those trousers.

Although to be able to fit into them again would be nice.

(The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes - Elvis Costello

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?