Tuesday, April 14, 2009

8.38 On Time
Before I get into work there's this one thing that everyone should know: I'd really rather you didn't ask about Easter. Asking may oblige me to tell and, I promise, you don't want to know.

The worst thing about it is that she brings out my inner fourteen year old - all sulks and sublimation and righteous indignation. The best thing is the discovery that the '24 hour' allergy pills I bought by mistake instead of the ‘one every four hour’ ones are really effective. Not that I was having trouble with an allergy, as such, but I discovered that they leave me feeling serene and distanced and slightly numb. Magic.

My regret? That I can never go back to the magical place that was: not knowing anything at all about "Doc Martin". Or UnclePaul'sMum's bladder cancer.

Hacking back that ivy was very satisfying though.

The Hazards Of Love - The Decemberists

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?