Sunday, April 19, 2009

"...while my head spins, and you knew it would"

I don't know if I'm really allowed to say this or not but, MyOwnTrueLove and I met through the NME personal ads. I think it's romantic but he's always kept a bit ... well ... quiet ... about it.

Before we ever met I knew we had a pretty good chance of 'hitting it off' due to the judicious exchange of compilation tapes that had supplemented the letters and...phone calls. One track from his first offering (The Lilac Time - 'Love Becomes A Savage') has since become so essential to my life that I hardly ever stop to think back to that pivotal "Who is this?" moment when I first became aware of it's existence.

Then, a couple of weeks ago, I stumbled across Sinead O'Connor's 'Troy' via Spotify. This one I remembered, but hadn't heard in years. And yes - the hairs on the back of my neck still stand up.

Also on there was 'Black and Blue' by Johnny Dangerously, a track I've spent this week YouTubing and crossing my fingers that John Bramwell will be performing when we see him in Lancaster in May.

And now, this very evening, (thanks to The Vinyl Villain) I've been re-introduced, after years of oblivion, to 'Skin Storm' (both versions!)

Looking back: how could I have failed to have been pre-seduced?

Skin Storm - Morrissey
Love Becomes A Savage - The Lilac Time
Troy - Sinead O'Connor
Skin Storm - Bradford

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?