Thursday, May 07, 2009

17.41 On Time
Because I read Blake Morrison's birthday card to Alan Bennett at lunchtime (alright, so it was a little after lunch time, but it's been quiet again today) ThesaurusBoy had to put up with a couple of hours of me trying to remember the name of the man who was in the chip shop at the time of the Kestrel incident in 'Writing Home'. Not for any good reason, just because I knew I knew it and knew I'd forgotten.

It came to me eventually. Then I Googled to make sure.

The chip shop in the Kestrel incident is the one we used to go to on Thursday nights, after Brownies, for a bag of chips & scraps. Not every Thursday mind, if it'd been every Thursday it wouldn't have been a treat would it?

The chip shop, back then (when it was good), was owned by relatives of the ManWhoPreferredSherbertStrawberries.

There isn't a punch line. Just history.

Fade Into You - Mazzy Star
Guest List - Eels
Isn't It A Lovely Night? - The Decemberists
Our Little Angel - Elvis Costello

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?