Wednesday, May 13, 2009

17.41 Ten Minutes Late
There are such a lot of birthdays at this time of year.
It’s not something I want to dwell on but my mum did (towards the end, when she'd decided she might as well finish off the half bottles of anything left in the drinks cabinet because, as the Doctor told her, it couldn't do any harm) tell me that I was conceived in Ilfracombe.


So, I probably owe my existence to the fact that my Mum finally persuaded my Dad they could do better than another holiday touring Scotland and sleeping in the van, and got him to blow the budget on a West Country B&B.

If it’s yours today – Happy Birthday. Was it Butlins or Bournmouth? Abersoch or Abroad?


(And speaking of baps, I'm not sure about this top. It's fine in soft focus sepia, but in real life? I just don't know if I can pull it off... )

This Old Heart Of Mine - Isley Brothers
Fly Like An Eagle - Steve Miller Band
Absent Friends - Divine Comedy
Alone Again, Or - Love

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?