Wednesday, September 05, 2007

8.10 On Time
That thing I said the other day? Well, I'm having a rethink now.
Walked into the kitchen this morning and there was my aged, yellowing, paperback copy of 'Catcher in the Rye' open and face-down on the breakfast bar. Spread-eagled! Splayed!

I think it is to my credit that I maintained a semblance of calm.

All the tiny, new students are on the platform. They're so sweet. Optimistic, twittering and all a-flutter. Today I can even forgive them for fixing their faces and doing their hair on the train.

Is Josh Rouse's "James" Billy Joels' "James" all grown up and gone wrong due to failing to heed Billy's sound advice: "Do what's good for you, or you're not good for anybody..." ?

Shakespeare said a lot of things, most of which you wouldn't live your life by, but "This above all: to thine own self be true" is a possible exception.

Seatbacks & Tray Tables Up - Fountains Of Wayne
I Wanted To Be Wrong - REM
Last Time I Saw Richard - Joni Mitchell
James - Josh Rouse
The Day I Wrote You Off - E
The End Of The World - Skeeter Davis
Odalisque - The Decemberists

Labels: , ,




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?