Tuesday, September 25, 2007

"one of those things you put down to experience"

17.12 Five Minutes Late
It started with a tup related enquiry and an ill-advised third cup of coffee and ended in me driving ThesaurusBoy from his desk in despair at the unstoppable babble of caffeine fuelled high school reminiscence.

Yes it is true.

I really did have a friend who went out with someone (the chemist's son: blonde, smarmy, sarcastic) she didn't like that much for over a year as a means of getting close to his friend (the jeweller's son: blonde, aloof but decent), I really did work with someone who was related by marriage to an Olympic swimmer and I really did play a game of chess with UnrequitedLove without exchanging a word: why would that surprise anyone?

My Eyes Adored You - Frankie Valli
Sad Sweet Dreamer - Sweet Sensation
Homely Girl - The Chi-Lites
Going Back - Dusty Springfield
Arms Of Mary - Sutherland Brothers & Quiver
Goodbye To Love - The Carpenters
My Little Town - Simon & Garfunkel
Betcha By Golly Wow - The Stylistics

Labels:




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?